PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Maximize, Minimize, Close button issues 12.04

dreamquartz
May 21st, 2012, 12:23 AM
Re-installed 12.04.
Did previous install including encrypted Home folder. Could not remove it.
Now the Maximize, Minimize, and Close-buttons have multiplied.

When normally Maximizing a window, the menus move to the top bar. Now that happens still, but the same buttons remain in the window. It appears that the window is not maximized, but fitting the Desktop screen, touching the top bar.

All is working, but should not be this way.

Anyone?

wilee-nilee
May 21st, 2012, 01:11 AM
Re-installed 12.04.
Did previous install including encrypted Home folder. Could not remove it.
Now the Maximize, Minimize, and Close-buttons have multiplied.

When normally Maximizing a window, the menus move to the top bar. Now that happens still, but the same buttons remain in the window. It appears that the window is not maximized, but fitting the Desktop screen, touching the top bar.

All is working, but should not be this way.

Anyone?

Screenshot?

dreamquartz
May 21st, 2012, 05:15 AM
There is more going on.
It turns out that I can not login in Unity ; the 3d version, because it does not show anymore during login.
With Unity 2d the mentioned problem does not exist, but because I can not login under 3d, the problem is not reproducible.

The problems started with having no menus in Acrobat 9.5.1.
Found a solution (Installed Alacarte; Edited Main Menu Acrobat-item; Entered env UBUNTU_MENUPROXY= acroread in the command line) to get the menus back.

What happened between the fix and no Unity 3d @ login, I have no clue.

dreamquartz
May 23rd, 2012, 10:22 PM
Re-installed again

jadtech
May 24th, 2012, 03:37 AM
seems I was able to replicate the double top frame and buttons here on a install that has been installed and running without a problem for nearly a month now ..