PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Adjusting date font in KDE's digital clock

theevilsharpie
May 20th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Is there any way to adjust the font size and color for the date field in the Digital Click widget that comes with KDE?

It seems to be hard-coded to use a small black font, which makes it difficult to see if I'm using a dark theme or wallpaper.

schnelle
May 20th, 2012, 11:18 PM
I think it follows plasma theme settings. If it is light theme, font is black, if plasma theme is dark, font is white(light).

theevilsharpie
May 24th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I think it follows plasma theme settings. If it is light theme, font is black, if plasma theme is dark, font is white(light).

It does appear to work that way for themes that are genuinely light and dark. However, I'm using Air, which doesn't really have a color, unless you consider "transparent" a color.

MadmanRB
May 24th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Right click on the clock and hit Digital Clock Settings, easy peasy lemon squeezy :popcorn:

theevilsharpie
May 24th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Right click on the clock and hit Digital Clock Settings, easy peasy lemon squeezy :popcorn:

If only it were that easy :D

Within the Digital Clock settings, I can adjust the color of the font used for the time. I can't adjust the font size, but the size of the time font appears to be a function of the panel height. However, unless I seriously overlooked an option, I can't adjust the color or size of the font used for the date.

MadmanRB
May 24th, 2012, 12:10 PM
The date should change with the color settings, thats how it was last time I used KDE 4.8

theevilsharpie
May 24th, 2012, 12:58 PM
The date should change with the color settings, thats how it was last time I used KDE 4.8

I do have a custom color setting, but it only changes the font color of the time, not the date. Either the Digital Clock is broken out of the box in Kubuntu 12.04, or the behavior's changed since the last time you used it.

Erik1984
May 24th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Not the solution to your question but that is why I use dark panels. The dark panels use white text that remains readable regardless of the wallpaper.

chris.arena
June 24th, 2012, 06:38 PM
The font height in the date appears to be correlated to the "height" of the panel, which, when displayed on the left or right, is the width.

I'm getting just /24/ of the date showing in the vertical panel. The whole 24 hour time is showing, possibly driving the panel width.

How do you set the font size of the date? I'd like to see the whole date.