PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] upgrades

johng1970
May 20th, 2012, 07:02 PM
:popcorn:
First off, heads up on the guys who make the packages for quick and easy installation. I've sorta tried and it's not easy! Just one request to folks making packages and upgrades.... I realize there are times when you'll need to type something to configure your packages, but when you need to download additional packages to fullfill your request, could you use the -y command line, so that the installation doesn't hang when installing? I'm using mythbuntu and a dialog box pops up telling me I have an upgrade pretty much every day.... I let it go and do other task, then when I notice it sits there all day, I pull down the "details" only to find it's asking me y/n if I want to download some additional package.... This sorta defeats the purpose of the automatic downloads.... Not to mention, I'm sure not everyone knows they can pull-down the list and check for scripts waiting for input....

grahammechanical
May 20th, 2012, 08:35 PM
That bit about needing to click on "Details" and finding a yes/no option is also now there when we install from CD/DVD. The process waits until we have clicked yes.

This could cause some to think that the install process has become broken.

I did not know that it is also happening with Update Manager. There must be a reason for this but I do think that the details panel should be open wide by default.

This does need publicising more.

Regards.