PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 'Video currently unavailable' on Youtube in Ubuntu 12.04

saratgoru
May 20th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Hello,

I am quite new to Ubuntu. I have 12.04 on my laptop, and most of the videos on Youtube do not play. A message 'Install missing plug-in' appears for a few seconds and before I can actually react, another message 'Video currently unavailable' shows up. What surprises me is that this happens only with a few of the videos. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

~~Thanks

jadtech
May 20th, 2012, 05:49 AM
go to the software centre

type in search flash install flash plugin for mozllia

i recomend chrome too I find it just works with out a fuss but everyone to there own taste :)

any how after you install do a reboot even if it doesn't require I find sometimes flash plugin don't work till after you reboot at times people go in circles un-instaling and re installing only to find reboot does the trick ..

this should help also when loggin your u tube account choose to veiw video with html 5 when avalable its testing but works great elimintes flash issues :)

hope this helps

Lars Noodén
May 20th, 2012, 08:12 AM
The HTML5 version works well in Ubuntu. You can get to it via this link:

https://www.youtube.com/html5

Flash its going away, but not fast enough.

saratgoru
May 20th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Thanks jadtech and Lars Noodén for your suggestions. Both of them worked. Double party !!!:guitar:

alejandrobq2005
June 11th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I had the same problem. To solve it, I disabled the HTML 5 of youtube.