PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] lost alt+right function on panel

ottosykora
May 19th, 2012, 08:29 AM
on the 12.04 classic, I now suddenly after an update lost the function alt+right on the panel, which means I am not able to add or remove anythnig or change anything.

Any help?

kansasnoob
May 19th, 2012, 09:27 AM
on the 12.04 classic, I now suddenly after an update lost the function alt+right on the panel, which means I am not able to add or remove anythnig or change anything.

Any help?

If you're running a standard Gnome classic session - which uses Compiz - you must now press both the Alt & Super keys at the same time while right-clicking on the panel/applet you wish to edit, move, or remove. (The Super key is typically the one with the Windows logo).

If you're running Gnome classic (no effects) - which uses Metacity - you need only hold down either Alt key while right-clicking on a panel or applet to be able to edit panel preferences or to add/edit/move/remove more applets.

To see whether you're running Compiz or Metacity you first need to install "wmctrl":

sudo apt-get install wmctrl

And then run:

wmctrl -m | grep "Name" | cut -c7-

Hope that helps.

ottosykora
May 19th, 2012, 09:55 AM
you are the hero of the day !

I just forget that I was testing the 'full' version of the classic and use the noeff normally.

classic for ever!