PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] VirtualBox

DoctorVell
May 19th, 2012, 05:28 AM
FIRST OFF, if this is in the wrong place, please someone let me know where it is supposed to go and then I will repost the question there.

1) I have VirtualBox installed with Windows XP as the OS I use.

2) It works perfectly fine, but I am trying to have a shared folder between the Ubuntu and the VirtualBox XP disk.

3) I have it set up as shared, but when I try in the Windows side, it let's me Map the drive, but then when I click on where it is, I get username and password prompt. What do I need to do to make sure I can read/write this folder within XP.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 btw...

wilee-nilee
May 19th, 2012, 05:38 AM
FIRST OFF, if this is in the wrong place, please someone let me know where it is supposed to go and then I will repost the question there.

1) I have VirtualBox installed with Windows XP as the OS I use.

2) It works perfectly fine, but I am trying to have a shared folder between the Ubuntu and the VirtualBox XP disk.

3) I have it set up as shared, but when I try in the Windows side, it let's me Map the drive, but then when I click on where it is, I get username and password prompt. What do I need to do to make sure I can read/write this folder within XP.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 btw...

Did you set the share as automount and full access, not sure but it may need to be setup from the admin in XP, mine work every time. I also make sure my host is in the virtual as a user

DoctorVell
May 20th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Did you set the share as automount and full access, not sure but it may need to be setup from the admin in XP, mine work every time. I also make sure my host is in the virtual as a user

I got it figured it out, I forgot to do a share folder on the Ubuntu side and now it works perfectly fine.