PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] gnome shell 3.4: automaximize on app start

DesertF0x
May 18th, 2012, 03:02 PM
If a Window has been larger than a certain size the application will be maximized on next start. This happens since update to 12.04.
Is it possible to disable this behavior?

DesertF0x
May 21st, 2012, 08:37 PM
Anybody? It is really to annoying that I always have to unmaximize and
restore the window size I want to have :mad:

markbl
May 22nd, 2012, 12:12 AM
As I have replied to you previously about this, this does not happen for me in gnome-shell and never has. It has always been a "feature" of Unity though. Are you sure you are using gnome-shell?

DesertF0x
May 22nd, 2012, 07:41 AM
I am completely sure that I am using gnome shell and I have this behaviour on my notebook, on my desktop and a friend also confirmed this behaviour on his notebook.

If I have nearly maximised Firefox for example it will start maximised if I close and reopen it.

markbl
May 22nd, 2012, 08:00 AM
I must apologise profusely. I just reopened a previously "nearly maximised" window and you are right, it opened as maximised. I have never noticed this before because the window has to be close to maximised for this to happen on gnome-shell. I have long been annoyed by this behaviour in Unity on 11.10 where it happened for any app >75% size but didn't, until now, realise that a milder version of that behaviour also occurs on gnome-shell :oops:

Sorry, don't know how to disable it! Not much comes up in google, and I can't see anything relevant in gsettings or gnome-tweak-tool.

DesertF0x
May 22nd, 2012, 08:18 AM
No Problem, I nearly made you a Video.

Not much comes up in google, and I can't see anything relevant in gsettings or gnome-tweak-tool.
Yeah, I have tried that also several times without success.