PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compare Configuration of two separate systems

sprrigan2001
May 18th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone..
I'm kinda newbie in linux. I just know how to use very basic commands that i need to use for simple operation.
I have recently got a job and my new task is to install new systems and duplicate all the configuration from the working environment to the newly fresh installed ubuntu.

I'm looking for a way that i can see what configuration been done to the OS so i can apply the changes similarly. To see what application is been deleted or added and most importantly if the system configuration files (example: **.config or initd) been changed and highlight what lines been added or deleted or modified.

I'm not sure if there is such script or application available but if there is.. i can try to compare it with a default ubuntu configuration and its application then i run that program or information that i obtain in my other system that i want to copy from (or the other way around) that way at least i have some information where to start and what i should do.

I appreciate your help and your ideas and I really put the effort to search before i post.

Thank you very much