PDA

View Full Version : Placing my router on a fan

Fajfi Pri
May 18th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Hey guys,

Today I noticed that my internet speed on my laptop was painfully slow. It had been doing this variously for the past week or two. Sometimes my laptop wouldn't even connect to my network, other times it would just run so slow that it became unusable. My usual remedy to this was to go unplug both my router and modem, wait 60 seconds, and plug back in. So far, this had solved the problem, but today it didn't. It connected, but the internet speed was just TOO slow to do . . . well, anything. It wouldn't even load Google. I touched it and it seemed to be a bit warm, so I placed it on top of a laid down, flat, non-oscillation fan. It is working just fine now, and actually the speed is faster than it has been in a while. I am very pleased. My question is, is this safe? Can I do this every time the router gets worm or slow, or not? I'm not really sure, but man I love it like this. :guitar:

Bandit
May 18th, 2012, 03:01 AM
How warm is it in the room your router is in? You can put a fan on it and it want hurt anything. Matter of fact it may keep it from failing.

sammiev
May 18th, 2012, 03:01 AM
To me it sounds like your router is on its way out. Do what works for you at this point.

Fajfi Pri
May 18th, 2012, 03:16 AM
How warm is it in the room your router is in? You can put a fan on it and it want hurt anything. Matter of fact it may keep it from failing.
I'm not sure. I live in Washington State, so it's safe to say it's not THAT warm, but it is starting to warm up for Summer. Maybe 70-80 degrees.

To me it sounds like your router is on its way out. Do what works for you at this point.
Aaaaaaah, that's not what I wanted to hear. I bought this with my own money a couple years ago (2-4).

Maybe I should get a job . . .