PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem installing mini.iso

Fxy
May 17th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Hi

I have downloaded the ubuntu 12.04 mini.iso & installed to pendrive. My problem is that my desktop is nowhere near my router so how can i get connected to the internet to continue the install :? I have a MicroNEXT MN-WD550M dongle that works perfect in my current 11.10 install, i can also share my macbook's internet via ethernet perfectly too & my iphones internet shares perfectly too via bluetooth...

...The reason i am trying to install the minimal iso is because i am looking to create a minimal install using only openbox, lxpanel (or) xfce4-panel & possibly gdm with the few apps i use

Your help will be appreciated much :-)

fxy...

Fxy
May 18th, 2012, 10:07 AM
After doing a few googles I have read that the Internet connection needs to be wired :?

Can anyone help me / suggest anything since I cannot wire the computer directly into my router !! My only options for an Internet connection to the computer are USB dongle, Ethernet sharing via MacBook, or bluetooth sharing via iPhone & I don't think I can use any of those options...

Fxy...

mastablasta
May 18th, 2012, 11:01 AM
download the necessary drivers on another mashcine, use portable media usbkey) to move them to miniiso mashicne and then install them. if wi-fi works on liveCD oyu oculd use that one to download them and save them to disk. once the wireless connection is up you can continue with your project.

Fxy
May 18th, 2012, 01:34 PM
download the necessary drivers on another mashcine, use portable media usbkey) to move them to miniiso mashicne and then install them. if wi-fi works on liveCD oyu oculd use that one to download them and save them to disk. once the wireless connection is up you can continue with your project.

Ok so if I find a driver and download it on the desktops current Ubuntu install. How can I transfer it to the mini.iso currently on the pen drive & then install it :?

Fxy...

Fxy
May 19th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Closed the thread & have went for the latest xfce instead !! Gona just work my way from that...