PDA

View Full Version : Any computer technicians?

WhoopsiGoldburg
May 16th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Basically, I'm a senior in high school and to graduate I need to secure an interview or really just ask someone in the field 10 questions. Its simple and quick and I would really appreciate it just leave a reply in the topic.

I wasn't quite sure to put this topic I hope its fine here.

QIII
May 16th, 2012, 08:16 PM
That wouldn't really constitute an "interview" and this may not be the place for homework.

You should have plenty of resources in your community. I'd recommend asking around and doing a face-to-face. I'm sure plenty of people would love to talk your leg off.

Much better that than to get 30 partial responses and a truckload of conflicting opinions that might turn into a flame-fest anyway.

Talk to a real person. You get more than just a bunch of words that way.

CharlesA
May 16th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Having a face-to-face interview would be a better idea tbh.

wojox
May 16th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I'm a senior in high school and to graduate I need to secure an interview
Tell them you will work the first week free. Not only will you secure the interview, you'll probably get hired.

Interviews go both ways, it's a chance to see if it's some place you want to work for. :p

dferriman
May 16th, 2012, 09:09 PM
If you can't find someone local to talk to, start hanging out at local computer stores and keep trying to get a job at one. It will be horrible, but the experience will help in the future. As for the interview, just relax, don't talk over your own head and ask a few questions during or after the interview (a few, not too many). Most interviews are more about how they feel about you once the get a feel that you can do the job.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

wojox
May 16th, 2012, 09:20 PM
ask a few questions during or after the interview (a few, not too many).
How many is too many? :confused:

CharlesA
May 16th, 2012, 09:23 PM
More than one but less than a hundred?

wilee-nilee
May 16th, 2012, 09:26 PM

lol, oh you. :)

wojox
May 16th, 2012, 09:45 PM

:lolflag: Good one Chuck. :P

@ OP: too many questions == intelligence !! ignorance.

WhoopsiGoldburg
May 16th, 2012, 10:12 PM

I have to ask 10 questions, I procrastinated and its due to tommorow and I have no transportation to another city so I kinda can't do that face to face interview.

EDIT: I'm graduating from a continuation school btw. I kinda just need to have the answers to the questions written down. We don't have very high standards.

EDIT2: I'm not trying to get a job interview I just need to ask questions about the career itself.

smellyman
May 16th, 2012, 11:50 PM
back when I was in school we had to go to libraries and leave the house for interviews......

wish i was a kid now. :lolflag:

wojox
May 17th, 2012, 12:17 AM
I need to secure an interview

I'm not trying to get a job interview

Good luck to all future endeavors my friend. :P

Azatos
May 17th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Good luck to all future endeavors my friend. :P

Smoking weed and playing MOBA's might be only endeavors from what I heard about the future of tech repair.

Every repair shop in town has closed due to economic conditions signs on every one. I did manage to get the interview over the phone from my school IT manager.

He basically told me computer repair is dying field and the only real chance I have is getting hired in IT at a larger business.

Sort of depressing as that's one of my favorite hobbies. Is the industry fairing that bad at the moment?