PDA

View Full Version : My very first dual boot

Naglfari
June 16th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I know that it's small potatoes to most everyone else here, but it's the very first time that I've ever set up to boot dual OS'. This is getting majorly fun :D

az
June 17th, 2006, 12:28 AM
I remember the first time I installed. I had to run a program called FIPS to split a vfat partition (there was nothing else). Then I could partition using fdisk and install Corel linux.

I still remember how my heart started thumping when I finaly got the courage to hit enter. I had written all the instructions on an envelope. I had gone through them at least twice beforehand, both times not having the courage to hit enter and so I would reboot.

I didn't really have any data I didn't want to lose. I had just never installed any OS and I didn't want my girlfriend (now my wife) to get mad....

Naglfari
June 17th, 2006, 12:33 AM
I still remember how my heart started thumping when I finaly got the courage to hit enter.

Yep, thats the feeling :D ... I'm sorry that I keep making posts like these, that have so little meaning. It's just that I'm easily amused, and seems like I'm always completely amazed how easy this is....once I get up the nerve to try it. I have used Windows for years, and actually thought that I was fairly proficient. But this is the first time that I've actually configured stuff myself with some actual idea of what is going on when I do it ;)