PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] After I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04, I can't use Google+ Hangouts

johnboy601
May 15th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 yesterday using the "Update Manager" (and simply clicking "Upgrade".) I was planning to mount the 12.04 .iso on a flash drive and then upgrade with that but my BIOS decided to not let me boot from flash drives all of the sudden.
I have upgraded and everything is working fine. Videos are loading (flash is working) skype audio and video calls are working. Audacity is picking up my microphone just fine. BUT Google talk/Google+ hangout will not work at all. There is no video from me, no audio from me, and I can't see any video. I can hear audio from other speakers but no video from them. I have uninstalled the Google Talk Plugin with the Synaptic Package Manager (searched Google TalkPlugin, and checked "mark for complete removal) and then reinstalled it. I reinstalled it using both the package manager and the Talk Plugin download from Google themselves.
I have tried Google+ hangouts on Firefox 13 (they worked on 13 before upgrading ubuntu) Chrome and chromium. I really don't know what to do now and would really appreciate any help.

johnboy601
May 16th, 2012, 01:44 PM
If no one can solve this problem, can I at least go back to Ubuntu 11.10? Is there a way?

cariboo
May 17th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Thread closed, as you have one that seems to answer your question here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1980798)