PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] dektop crushed in one user profile

parabolicalparabola
May 15th, 2012, 03:54 PM
xubuntu-dektop (beside unity and gnome) crushed in one user profile

Hi,

on ubuntu 11.10 there is installed unity, gnome3 and the classical gnome desktop. After I installed xubuntu-desktop it worked well but suddenly it crashed . The result is that the windowbars of most of the programs doesnt appear and the programs can't be minimized or shuted down. The xubuntu-desktop-system is very slow and somtimes it stops working, so that i must kill it by pushing the power-button for some seconds.

gnome and unity works without any problem.

after i removed xubuntu-dektop completely an reinstalled it, the problem was still the same

strange is the circumstance that in a guest-user profile everything works with the xubuntu-desktop.

because of network and other configurations i would like to avoid to reinstall everything.

does anybody know anything about this problem :confused:

VanillaMozilla
May 16th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Check for hard drive activity. It may be indexing your hard drive or performing some other kind of maintenance like that. There's a service called Nepomuk that causes some performance problems, and another one called akonadi, that sometimes cause problems instead of solving them. If problems persist, you could look into those. I don't think you can just uninstall them outright, though, as at least part of nepomuk is essential for some programs. Don't ask me for more details. That's all I know.

parabolicalparabola
May 16th, 2012, 08:21 PM
okei it wasn t a good entrie to open my first thread under the category "all desktops".

I didnt preconceive that such problems could depend explicitly on kde-programs.

and i thougt, a problem on a system with three/four desktops could be descriped under all desktops.

sorry for this mistake