PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Aborted prior do-release-upgrade, now no updates found

xyverz
May 14th, 2012, 11:08 PM
I had aborted a previous do-release-upgrade from natty to oneiric due to a lack of internet access (proxy issues) on my work machine. Now, when I try to run do-release-upgrade, I get "No new release found":

Welcome to Ubuntu 11.04 (GNU/Linux 2.6.38-15-server x86_64)

* Documentation: http://www.ubuntu.com/server/doc

New release 'oneiric' available.
Run 'do-release-upgrade' to upgrade to it.

Last login: Mon May 14 14:16:21 2012 from another.computer
[ user @ host]
[ ~ ] 1 >> do-release-upgrade
Checking for a new ubuntu release
No new release found

Any suggestions on resetting this?

kc1di
May 14th, 2012, 11:22 PM
try this in a terminal one line at a time and try the upgrade again.

sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/* -vf
sudo apt-get update

xyverz
May 15th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Dave,

Thanks for your assistance. I ran the commands you've listed, but I'm still getting the same error. This time, however, it took a while to return the error message (instead of returning it immediately).

Does it make a difference that I'm using an internal mirror, even though it's rsync'd nightly?

Thanks.

--X...

jadtech
May 15th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I had aborted a previous do-release-upgrade from natty to oneiric due to a lack of internet access (proxy issues) on my work machine. Now, when I try to run do-release-upgrade, I get "No new release found":

Welcome to Ubuntu 11.04 (GNU/Linux 2.6.38-15-server x86_64)

* Documentation: http://www.ubuntu.com/server/doc

New release 'oneiric' available.
Run 'do-release-upgrade' to upgrade to it.

Last login: Mon May 14 14:16:21 2012 from another.computer
[ user @ host]
[ ~ ] 1 >> do-release-upgrade
Checking for a new ubuntu release
No new release found

Any suggestions on resetting this?

do-release-upgrade should get you 12.04 at this point not 11.10 :)

xyverz
May 16th, 2012, 12:22 AM
do-release-upgrade should get you 12.04 at this point not 11.10 :)

That's ultimately what I'm aiming for. However, it's telling me that there's no upgrade available.

I'm about ready to just edit my sources.list file by hand and do a dist-upgrade, just like I used to do back in my old Debian days...

jadtech
May 16th, 2012, 01:03 AM
That's ultimately what I'm aiming for. However, it's telling me that there's no upgrade available.

I'm about ready to just edit my sources.list file by hand and do a dist-upgrade, just like I used to do back in my old Debian days...

have you tired changing the server in the software updater run check for updates at that point if any updates show run them all and reboot then if no upgrade button shows up go to the terminal ..

sudo apt-get update

do-release-upgrade

changing the server should rebulid the whole list to fit what is on that server ..

xyverz
May 16th, 2012, 06:12 PM
have you tired changing the server in the software updater run check for updates at that point if any updates show run them all and reboot then if no upgrade button shows up go to the terminal ..

changing the server should rebulid the whole list to fit what is on that server ..

I've tried that - switching from our internal mirror to ANL's mirror (which is what we're rsync'ing every night). Still no dice. I even tried reverting to the default ubuntu repos with no luck. *shrug*

Thanks for the help tho. =)

xyverz
May 16th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I've resolved this problem the same way a vet treats a sick horse: I edited my sources.list file to pick from the precise repos and then did a dist-upgrade from the console.

Along the way I had some problems - most resolved with an 'apt-get upgrade -f install' or one pesky problem with nux-tools that required me to remove the legacy software (libnux-0.9-0 and libnux-0.9-common) in order to get stuff to work, but I've got Precise running now.

Thanks to the both of you for your assistance. I do appreciate it. =) I shall mark this thread solved now.