PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Dual Monitor Selection Not Saving After Reboot

Matt Lex
May 14th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Every time I boot into Xubuntu, I need to open a terminal and enter "sudo amdcccle", select "multi-display desktop with display(s) 2", and orient my monitors within the Display Manager of amdcccle.

In Ubuntu, this setup would save, and I would have to do this within amdcccle only once, after a new installation of the OS. However, in Xubuntu, I have to go through this process every time I log in.

How can I make sure this problem stops?

I am running Xubuntu 12.04, and my card is an ATI Radeon HD 4200. My system is running the fglrx driver (not the post-release updates version, which does not work for me). I had the same problem when I first switched to Xubuntu 11.10.

Thank you!

roelforg
May 14th, 2012, 09:50 PM
sudo aticonfig --initial=dual-head
sudo amdcccle

tends to work for me.
(there's a bug that prevents you from launching amdcccle as root from gui, running it with sudo manually works)

Matt Lex
May 16th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Thank you for the response. I tried your code, but after rebooting, the dual monitor selection still did not save. I had to go back into amdcccle to select multi-display desktop again.

Intangir
July 11th, 2012, 04:52 AM
i am also having this problem
i did a search and found dozens of posts about this problem and not one working solution yet...

Intangir
July 11th, 2012, 04:56 AM
i just found a solution on another of the posts

after you set it up how you like
for some reason you goto the preferences->monitors (or screen resolution) and have it how you like it there (i changed nothing) and hit apply
it asked if i wanted to keep, i said yes

i restarted it, and it saved!

Intangir
July 11th, 2012, 05:08 AM
ok maybe not..

when i opened a full screen game, first it maximized to the wrong monitor..
2nd when i unfullscreened it, it restored cloned mode...

manco1911
May 15th, 2013, 03:23 AM
i just found a solution on another of the posts

after you set it up how you like
for some reason you goto the preferences->monitors (or screen resolution) and have it how you like it there (i changed nothing) and hit apply
it asked if i wanted to keep, i said yes

i restarted it, and it saved!

This worked for me on Ubuntu 12.04 with repositories drivers.

Thanks man !