PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 2 unity launchers on 2 screens mode

Jonners59
May 14th, 2012, 11:46 AM
First what I use:
Running CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) iS-2500K CPU @ 3.30Ghz and 15.7GB RAM
Dist is Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64 and Desktop is UNity with xfce4

Since the upgrade from 11:10 to 12:04 another UNity launcher has appeared on my screen(s). I use two screens and have the desktop span the two. Normally the launcher is on the left side of the left screen. I still have this but I also have a duplicated launcher on the left side of the right screen. They do not show up at the same time, just as the mouse goes near them. I.e. as the mouse nears the left side of the left screen that launcher appears, likewise when I reach the left side of the right screen the middle launcher appears.

The mouse also sticks as it tries to pass between the two screens, I assume caused by the launcher. It is a pain in butt!

HOW do I remove this central launcher?

Krytarik
May 14th, 2012, 12:12 PM
HOW do I remove this central launcher?
Change the setting "System Settings -> Displays -> Launcher Placement". As for the "Sticky Edges" behavior, there is also a setting controlling that.

Regards.

Jonners59
May 14th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the quick reply... Sadly, no that does not work. That is how I managed to get the launcher on the left up and running, so when I switch it off (Laptop) it shows in the middle. I.e. right screen left side. Not left screen left side!

Any other ideas, please?

jackluu
May 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM
have you try compizconfig setting manager?

Jonners59
May 14th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Found it. It only has two options - all or Primary. I want on my secondary screen... I have tried changing the screens round/primary to secondary, but it has not taken effect, though I have as yet not rebooted. I also did not want to change the screens. So still an issue.

SCRAP above:
After reboot it all worked. I had to move a couple of items but no issue.

Cheers and many thanks :P

For reference:
Applications - Settings - CompizConfig Settings Manager

Desktop - Ubuntu Unity Plugin - Experimental - Launcher Monitors

In nVidea (assuming using nVidea card) Change the Primary monitor around.