PDA

View Full Version : POLL Who all uses the Faenza group of icons?

georgelappies
May 12th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hi all

I really like these icons a lot. Would like to know who else out there like using them as well.

Personally I use them exclusively. Here is to hoping the new icons conical is planning will have a lot in common to Faenza.

I like the shape of them, they are all uniform in size and they are detailed.

Kudos to tiheum, great job!

Get them here: http://tiheum.deviantart.com/art/Faenza-Icons-173323228

Bandit
May 12th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I voted that I use multiple icon sets, and I do. But Faenza is one of the best and my favorite. The artist really did a super job and I would just love to see a themed set made for Ubuntu and made the default icons for the distro. They really have an up-to-date and crisp look to them.

Triblaze
May 12th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I switch my icon sets around now and then, Faenza is one of the icon sets I have in the rotation.

Frogs Hair
May 12th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Awoken, Faenza, and Malys uni are my most used icons . I'm not fond the Faenza folders , but I really like the rest of the icons .

Erufailon
May 15th, 2012, 02:43 AM
I personally use many different Icon sets because I get bored of them :P quickly, but my favorites are Faenza, Aw0ken and Cryo64-Genesis3. I think Cannonical should "buy" Faenza iconset, it's the would be the best default iconset for an OS ever.

georgelappies
May 15th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I voted that I use multiple icon sets, and I do. But Faenza is one of the best and my favorite. The artist really did a super job and I would just love to see a themed set made for Ubuntu and made the default icons for the distro. They really have an up-to-date and crisp look to them.

Yeah conical bying Faenza will definetly be great. Also investing in getting icons for the few applications not covered mainly on the KDE side will be cool too.

Paqman
May 15th, 2012, 06:57 AM
I used to customise my desktop loads back in the days of Beryl and Emerald, but these days I tend to just use the defaults. Partly I think that's down to me (less of the "new toy" syndrome) and partly it's because the defaults have got a lot better. The stock Gnome 2 desktop was pretty uninspiring, even by the standards of five years ago.

Copper Bezel
May 15th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Yeah, and the Ubuntu icon set is certainly a step up from default Gnome, which is still actively ugly for whatever reason. Dingy little banged-up gray folders and weirdness.

Yeah conical bying Faenza will definetly be great.

Well, it's Canonical, and the icon set is GPL, so they'd have to do what they do with everything else they like (like Docky) and buy the dev instead.

But yeah, they take a good idea from iOS and implement it as professionally and completely as any icon set I've seen for any system, and they're simply gorgeous. The uniformity is stylistically attractive, the icons are extremely visually distinct and readable, and the inclusion of icons from 22 to 196 pixels means they look good no matter what you're doing with them. I don't see any reason to use anything else. The folder icons took a couple of days to get used to, but they're just so damned adorable.

rai4shu2
May 15th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Faenza is nice, but all the icons are a little too square for my taste. I like each app to have its own character, at least to a certain degree.

Copper Bezel
May 15th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Yeah, it's kind of like, I'm really glad that Faenza happens to suit my preferences, because it's the best icon theme I've seen in objective terms like artwork, consistency, and completeness, but none of that speaks to style and personal preference, and those are the most important criteria for any one person's choice of an icon theme.

It's sort of like what would happen if there was one PC manufacturer who had indisputably the best-quality hardware, but all of their machines looked exactly the same and weren't any good for niche applications and - oh.