PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

dtlehmai
May 12th, 2012, 04:58 AM
I was thinking the other day, since Ubuntu boots so fast now, would it be possible to create a way to make windows load in the background while ubuntu is in the foreground. This would allow you to browse the web or check email quickly before you get into a fully usable Windows environment. What I'm thinking of is something similar to what Hyperspace does. If something like this doesn't exist, does anyone have any idea on how to make it happen? I don't have any experience programming on Linux, so I don't think I could make anything like this happen, but I bet it would be a very popular feature in Ubuntu.

lisati
May 12th, 2012, 05:06 AM
The only way I can think of at the moment is some kind of VM arrangement. It's usually one OS or another in charge of a computer: having two actively running things at once is, shall we say, a bit of a challenge impossible.

zombifier25
May 12th, 2012, 07:37 AM
The only way I can think of at the moment is some kind of VM arrangement. It's usually one OS or another in charge of a computer: having two actively running things at once is, shall we say, a bit of a challenge impossible.

Nothing is impossible. 500 years from now this post of yours might sound really ridiculous to archeologists digging up the graveyards of the Internet :lolflag:

(and again, we are still in 2012, not 2512, so for now it's pretty much impossible)