PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome Classic Themes

dan9550
May 11th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I am running the Gnome Classic shell on ubuntu 12.04 and cannot figure out how to install themes. Can anyone help please?

codemaniac
May 11th, 2012, 10:04 AM
gnome-look.org has some amazing themes in her bag .
Please note that all GTK+3 themes are not compatible with fallback .

dan9550
May 11th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I have downloaded this theme (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Shiki-Colors?content=86717) but i have no idea how to install it everything has changed since the last time i used ubuntu.

codemaniac
May 11th, 2012, 12:09 PM
There must be a README or INSTALL under the zip file , search for it and folloe the instructions .

Frogs Hair
May 11th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Install Downloaded Themes or icons in 11.10-12.04

Download and fully extract the theme packages and hold the folders on the desktop until needed .

Install the Gnome Tweak Tool / Advanced Settings for making theme selections from the software center .

(Single User) Create a .themes and .icons folder in home / hidden folders . Use Crtl + H to open hidden folders in Nautilus.

(All Users) Use gksudo nautilus in the terminal to open the Nautilus as root and navigate to > File System / usr / share / themes or icons .

Place the folders in either location . Use Advanced Settings to make theme selections . Logout - in may be required before theme are visible in Advanced Settings under the themes tab.

Check any read me files for theme installation locations.