PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Gnome shell multiple weather applet

Mr.Pytagoras
May 10th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Hi

How can I start the weather applet in gnome shell say two times, one would be for one city and the second one for another.

Frogs Hair
May 11th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Indicator weather will allow for the setup of more than one location, but it will appear as an icon on the bottom right and remain hidden until you move the cursor to the bottom right of the screen. My current gnome shell weather extension displays on top, but only allows for one location.
sudo apt-get install indicator-weather Restart the shell and start the weather indicator by selecting the icon from applications. When the icon appears on the bottom right enter preferences for setup.

Mr.Pytagoras
May 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
if you install the classic systray extension it will be displayed at top panel and always visible.

mrpot
May 21st, 2012, 05:48 PM
Indicator weather will allow for the setup of more than one location, but it will appear as an icon on the bottom right and remain hidden until you move the cursor to the bottom right of the screen. My current gnome shell weather extension displays on top, but only allows for one location.
sudo apt-get install indicator-weather Restart the shell and start the weather indicator by selecting the icon from applications. When the icon appears on the bottom right enter preferences for setup.
Hi, how to put weather indicato on the top panel in gnome-shell?I have only one location, there is nothing similar to the classic gnome panel?

thanks

Frogs Hair
May 21st, 2012, 06:40 PM
The gnome shell extension that made the use of indicator-weather possible in the top panel was rejected for some reason. You can add the extension at the link though. http://www.webupd8.org/2011/10/install-gnome-shell-weather-extension.html

Frogs Hair
May 21st, 2012, 06:45 PM
This is how mine appears , but I like it that way .

tumutanzi.com
May 21st, 2012, 07:44 PM
I have also the problem, now solved, thanks for the solution offered here.

mrpot
May 22nd, 2012, 01:25 PM
many thanks, extension installed !works fine ;-)
see attachments, for anyone is useful,
only one thing, in the webup8 page he talk about and rss icon to find the WOEID,
i'm not see this icon, but with firefox ctrl+u,
search for : woeid or in my case for:
providerLocId

after this word are the WOEID code to paste into extension prop.s

many thanks to all