PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 12.04 print screen

ub9876
May 9th, 2012, 10:23 PM
how to get your print screen shots to go directly to the desktop(not to pictures)?? thanks

practic
May 10th, 2012, 01:28 AM
You can use Shutter. It has all the options to customize screenshots...really a great piece of software.

Shadius
May 10th, 2012, 01:31 AM
You can just press the PrtSc key on your keyboard and it'll show up on your Desktop. Shutter offers more features if you need.

drs305
May 10th, 2012, 01:36 AM
I have no use (until now) for the Pictures folder. But I like to tinker, so when I read your post I tried something.

Renamed the Pictures folder to something else. Made a link to Desktop and renamed it Pictures. When I used gnome-screenshot, the image shows up on my Desktop.

If you use the Pictures folder for other things this probably won't be a good solution, but if it otherwise remains empty it is a pretty easy solution if you intend to keep using gnome-screenshot or PrtSc

abodsalas
April 8th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Just in case anyone wonders, in Ubuntu 12.04 Spanish version, PrintScreen shots are save in the "Imágenes" folder.
This screenshot folder is a good idea, but it should at least warn you where the files are being stored.

Andrés