PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] smbldap and password expired

fluca1978
May 9th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Hi all,
I'm running server 11.04 and I keep my users locked out from the samba+ldap authentication since passwords expire every 3 months. Even if I try to run the following commands:

smbldap-usermod --shadowExpire "2020-12-31" $utente
smbldap-usermod --shadowMax "9999" $utente
smbldap-usermod -B 0 $utente
smbldap-usermod --sambaPwdMustChange 0 $utente

with $utente the target user, it seems that the password is unlocked but after 3 months the password is locked again, so the date 2020 is ignored, as well as the 99999.
AM I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks

fluca1978
May 11th, 2012, 07:29 AM
I've tested it on different installations and seems the problem is always the same. I suspect it is a PAM configuration, but I have no idea where to search for. Any suggestion?

fluca1978
May 14th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Has anybody experienced the same problem or is something wrong with my configuration?

fluca1978
May 16th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Seems to me also that smbpasswd can do the trick without requiring any smbldap-passwd management, but the periodic execution of smbpasswd is still required.

fluca1978
May 16th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I've also tried increasing the age of the password in the /etc/smbldap-tools/smbldap.conf file:

defaultMaxPasswordAge="365"

but it seems it is not working. Any idea?

luvshines
May 20th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I've tested it on different installations and seems the problem is always the same. I suspect it is a PAM configuration, but I have no idea where to search for. Any suggestion?

If I understand correctly, your LDAP password for Samba keeps expiring after 3 months and you want to avoid it, correct ?

Did you check what all policies have been set under the sambaDomain(objectclass) for your sambaDomainName(domain account) on the LDAP server ?

fluca1978
June 5th, 2012, 07:30 AM
If I understand correctly, your LDAP password for Samba keeps expiring after 3 months and you want to avoid it, correct ?

Did you check what all policies have been set under the sambaDomain(objectclass) for your sambaDomainName(domain account) on the LDAP server ?

You get it right, but can you please clarify what do you mean with "check the policies"?