PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] 12.04 Some strange issues with this installation

thelugnut
May 9th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I have installed 12.04 on my SONY VAIO laptop. I had no problems with the installation. But after using it for a week, I see some strange things happening. These things happen randomly, and I cannot duplicate them at will.
1. The side panel will close out items that I have placed there. An example would be the terminal. I Lock it to the panel, and it might stay there for a day or so and then disappears. Same with others, such as GIMP, Libre Office Calc, and so forth.
2. When I open Dash Home, click on "Filter results", "games", 50% of the time I get only games, but 50% of the time nothing changes, that is it still lists everything.
3. When I start up the O.S. occassionally it takes minutes to finally load. Other times, it take seconds. No rhyme nor reason.
It is not possible for me to document these things as they are random in nature.
Just wondering if anyone else has had similar happenings.
To be honest Ubuntu hasn't worked well for me since 10.10. 11.04 and 11.10 would not :frown:run at all. Kind of sad after all these years of swearing by Ubuntu. Now I seem to be swearing at Ubuntu.