PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu 12.04 beta

christon74
May 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Hello everybody :)

I have upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 beta LTS.
the good thing is that I have kept Maverick Meerkat.

With Ubuntu 12.04, Mozilla firefox comes without the menu bar, which absolutely sucks. I have not yet figured out how I can retrieve all my favorites when I log on to 12.04. Once again there is a password to enter [which I consider a completely useless silly thing since I am the ONLY user]
Finally, I once again have to go through the tedious process of finding the correct driver for my printer:
Brother DCP 350 C.
Good thing I can still log on to Maverick.

I am disappointed with 12.04.

C; NAUD

23dornot23d
May 9th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Not sure why you would use the BETA when the full release is out

http://releases.ubuntu.com/12.04/

You could try upgrading the BETA ..... to get to the final release if you have not already
done so .....

Firefox not haveing a menu .... have you tried moving the mouse to the TOP of the screen
the system uses something called GLOBAL MENU and the menu only appears when the mouse touches the top edge of the Screen .....

Hope this helps .....

Peter09
May 9th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Ther menu bar appears when you move the cursor right to the top of the screen, its called the global menu.

A fast alternative for bookmarks/favourites is to tap the super key to bring up the dash, start typing the name of a favourite, when its the only thing left hit enter and it will come up in a new tab in firefox, or start firefox with the website in the first tab.

Also - if firefox is running, tap the alt key (for the HUD), type the name of a bookmark and when it appears at the top of the list hit enter.

christon74
May 9th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Hello again Peter and dornot :)
Printer problem solved. I have found the correct driver for DCP 350 C.
As for Firefox, if I run it in safe mode then the menu bar is displayed.
Now the menu bar which is missing is that of Claws mail (I am hooked on Claws mail) and I have not configured it properly.
Drat and double drat.... :(

christon74
May 12th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Hello again. All problems solved. Printer is working just fine. I have found the way to disable the password (I do not need any), I have downloaded Flash and I am getting used to the new features of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I have stopped sobbing. :)

23dornot23d
May 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Good to hear - hope everything stays good for you too ..... ;)

Peter09
May 12th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah -- good on that.