PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Nokia N9

capink
May 9th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I am thinking of buying Nokia N9 but I'm a little bit hesitant given the lack of apps in the ovi store. So I have some questions I hope people here can help me with:

Is there any decent audiobook app? I'm looking for something like mortplayer for Android. The only app I could find on the internet is audiobook reader and there are a lot of bad reviews indicating the app is not stable when run offline.

Will Nokia keep supporting this phone given that it is the only one running Meego?

How difficult it is to dualboot Android and Meego. I am a fairly competent Linux user. But I have never rooted a phone before. Would all Android apps run OK?

If Meego is a full blown Linux, wouldn't it be possible to run any Linux app on Meego — e.g. vlc or smplayer — by just making a new touch based interface? If so why is there so little applications for the N9?

blueturtl
May 9th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Not an expert, but my friend here says the dualboot thing is a piece of cake. That way you get access to the excellent Android app selection. The Meego ecosystem sadly looks like will wither due to Nokia's new ex-Microsoft leadership (big surprise they killed Meego off in favour of Windows phone). Sad since the N9 is a great device.