PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Youtube doesn't work after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04

shansunr
May 9th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Hi,
I just upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 and now I'm not able to play any videos in youtube.
I searched around in the net and there were some suggestions to try installing flash add ons. I had tried that but still no luck.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Shan.

darkod
May 9th, 2012, 10:43 AM
So, do you know if you have flash installed successfully or not? Is it only youtube or other websites with flash too?

For example, if you visit www.speedtest.net does it show the map or it says you need flash?

AppleCofee
May 22nd, 2012, 11:55 PM
So, do you know if you have flash installed successfully or not? Is it only youtube or other websites with flash too?

For example, if you visit www.speedtest.net (http://www.speedtest.net) does it show the map or it says you need flash?

I am having the same issue as the originally poster and nothing flash related works. Flash (on both FireFox and Chrome) worked fine before I upgraded to 12.04 but after upgrading, I can't view anything thats flash related in those browsers. It doesn't come up as an error or anything, it just comes up blank. If I uninstall flash, it comes up as the I have to have flash prompt and when I reinstall flash, it returns to the same issue. I followed every direction I have came across while googling the error and I haven't found a solution that worked.

darkod
May 23rd, 2012, 12:31 AM
I am having the same issue as the originally poster and nothing flash related works. Flash (on both FireFox and Chrome) worked fine before I upgraded to 12.04 but after upgrading, I can't view anything thats flash related in those browsers. It doesn't come up as an error or anything, it just comes up blank. If I uninstall flash, it comes up as the I have to have flash prompt and when I reinstall flash, it returns to the same issue. I followed every direction I have came across while googling the error and I haven't found a solution that worked.

Remove all packages flash related that you have installed, and try my post here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1983218

Not sure about chrome but works for firefox 100%. Maybe it will work for chrome too but you have to find the location where it keeps the plugins if it's similar to firefox/mozilla.

jadtech
May 23rd, 2012, 12:52 AM
after you upgrade flash to needs upgraded you need to go to software centre and search flash down load the flash for Mozilla then reboot you should be back to normal..

there is also the html 5 test you tube is doing that works great for many videos flash is not required if you run html 5 ..

anytime you up grade all your other programs and file to need upgraded some wont work if they aren't ..