PDA

View Full Version : where does automatix put wine

Drifter
June 16th, 2006, 08:32 AM
when u install wine with automatix where does it put.

Anduu
June 16th, 2006, 01:05 PM
It should be in /home/username/.wine

Makes sure to ctrl+h to show hidden files.

Drifter
June 16th, 2006, 04:02 PM
It is not in home username, I did use control H. What other possibilities where it could be.

FISHERMAN
June 16th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I don't know exactely what you mean(more information!), but I'm guessing that you don't know how to start wine(if this isn't the cause, you might as well ignore this post).
But just right-click on a an *.exe and choose "open with" "different application"
Don't choose anything from the list. instead you should take "open with an specific command" type wine .If wine is installed correctly(and the *.exe works with wine) it should work(the parts between " " are translated from Dutch so they might not be identical to the English original).

Drifter
June 16th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I not only didn't know how to run it, I can't find where automatix put. What folder or dir. it is in. It is not in home user where most people say it should be. How can I find it.

Somenoob
June 16th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Search for it with a terminal

Locate wine

truoc444
June 16th, 2006, 06:08 PM
did you set it up

$ winecfg

without running that command wine installed by Automatix is useless.

Drifter
June 16th, 2006, 06:52 PM
did you set it up

$ winecfg

without running that command wine installed by Automatix is useless.
When u run winecfg is this all u need to do for wine to work or is there someother things u need to do.

PatrickMay16
June 16th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Once you've run winecfg, find some windows executable .exe that you'd like to run, then in the terminal do this:

wine path/to/file/file.exe

or this (recommended)

cd path/to/file/
wine file.exe

This should do the trick. You should be fackin' like a master with wine in no time.