PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] cannot choose adobe acrobat as preferred program for pdf

telegiovi
May 8th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Dear experts,
I am happy to have upgraded from ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04. It seems to be better. Only one thing I cannot do; that is opening pdf documents with adobe acrobat as preferred program. Each time I have to choose to open the pdf document with adobe but have not the chance to get it for ever so.
How can I do?
Thank you for a suggestion

Pilot6
May 8th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Right-click any pdf file, then choose Properties -> Openwith -> Choose Adobe and set is as default.

telegiovi
May 8th, 2012, 08:24 PM
exactly here is the problem; if Right-click any pdf file, then choose Properties -> Openwith -> cannot choose
Acrobat because it does not appear in the available programs. It appear only if I Right-click any pdf file and then choose "open with"....

WHiZZi
May 10th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I've had exactly the same problem.

after a
sudo dpkg-reconfigure acroread

It was fixed :)

telegiovi
May 10th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Thank you. I tried it but got this result:

No LSB modules are available.
nspluginwrapper: /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/plugins/npwrapper.nppdf.so is not a valid nspluginwrapper plugin
No LSB modules are available

And it does not work.
I also removed the software and installed it again, but without success

wojox
May 10th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Have you tried editing the default list file? How to set Adobe Reader to be default pdf viewer? (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11663196&postcount=9)

telegiovi
May 10th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I am not sure which suggestion was the decisive one, but the fact is that now it works.
Thank you