PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hate Unity, love GNOME 2?

iMurshaq
May 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM
First post, YAY!!!!

Just wanted to start a little discussion for people to post their opinions regarding Unity vs. GNOME 2. Personally I prefer GNOME 2 b/c it seems to run faster, be easier to use, plus I don't have to search for an app that I might not have in my dock. In GNOME 2, everything is right there under the applications menu.

Opinions???

Bucky Ball
May 8th, 2012, 04:14 PM
No doubt this thread will be swiftly relegated to 'Recurring Discussions' as there's a million threads about this. I use Xfce myself so Unity/Gnome ... not bothered. ;)

PS: Welcome to the forums ...

Version Dependency
May 8th, 2012, 04:15 PM
No actually. I hated Gnome 2 and never used it...always opting to go openbox or awesome or Compiz stand-alone. But after giving Unity a run for a couple of weeks I just could never go back to openbox or anything else. The keyboard shortcuts and the SUPER key dash/ALT key HUD/ALT+F2 command line is just too tasty for a guy like me.

Version Dependency
May 8th, 2012, 04:17 PM
PS. Gnome 2 is dead and buried under six feet of dirt already. It's been officially dead for over a year. Why are we even talking about it? You may as well go start a thread "Anyone else hate KDE 4.8, love KDE 3.5?" But you'd think that silly, right?

nothingspecial
May 8th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Hi, welcome to the forums. :)

You should really use one of the other countless bazillion Gnome 2 vs Unity threads to voice your opinions.

For the sake of the forum servers, general sanity, world health and the universe itself.......

Closed.