PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Ultimate Edition site

rmcellig
May 8th, 2012, 11:03 AM
It looks lIke all the links on the Ultimate Edition web site are broken. Is this distro still active or has it ceased to exist?

http://ultimateedition.info/

zombifier25
May 8th, 2012, 11:47 AM
The newest version is released only 2 months ago. Maybe the site just encountered some (really nasty) errors.

rmcellig
May 8th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Is the latest version 3.2? I think I will try and download from the mirrors that are listed on Distrowatch.

TBABill
May 8th, 2012, 01:32 PM
3.2 is the latest. UE website has had some major issues lately and users tend to go to the Ultime Edition OZ site and forum for support. User/Mod/Admin Blackwolf supports both UE and UE Oz.

rmcellig
May 8th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Great. So UE is not in trouble as a distro. It's just issues with the US website that nee to get resolved. Thanks for the info. I will check out the OZ site.

TBABill
May 8th, 2012, 11:12 PM
No problem. Looks like they just dropped 3.3 as well, but the link to it was broken so I can't confirm.

Version Dependency
May 8th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Since the homepage works but all of the links to internal pages go to a 404 message, I'm thinking there is a URL rewrite problem. I'm sure the webmaster will notice it and fix it....maybe.

rmcellig
May 9th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Would anyone know who we can contact to fix the problem? Maybe Host Gator? Maybe I will contact them and post back.

I just chatted with Host Gator support. They told me to get in touch with the web site administrator or the owner of the site.

Version Dependency
May 9th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Would anyone know who we can contact to fix the problem? Maybe Host Gator? Maybe I will contact them and post back.

If there is a contact email on the site, try that. If not, Host Gator could email the webmaster and tell them to fix their rewrite problems.