PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I just don't get it, I loved 11.10, 12.04 is not right.

jmarkybb
May 7th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I updated to 12.04 this morning on 7 May 2012, looking forward to all the new features, but I feel it has taken a step backwards, I can't modify my desktop & themes/fonts/windows, features that I rely on in Linux (over Vista) have been taken away i.e. Notifications for Twitter, video does not play in FF 12, I just don't get it at all. :confused:

vVvSHADOWvVv
May 7th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I updated to 12.04 this morning on 7 May 2012, looking forward to all the new features, but I feel it has taken a step backwards, I can't modify my desktop & themes/fonts/windows, features that I rely on in Linux (over Vista) have been taken away i.e. Notifications for Twitter, video does not play in FF 12, I just don't get it at all. :confused:

With all do respect yes you can. You need to take the time to read some of the new features and apply them.

I have had no problem modifying my themes, icons and specialty desktop items such as desklets, monitors and widgets. You need to read the how-to's. With all do respect, please do not post such things without research as it will persuade others users not to use it.

ṤⱧǠᴆŐƜ
shadowsgovernment.com

jmarkybb
May 7th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Where do I find these "How-To's"?

And with all due respect, this is a forum to help & assist, I can't help if I feel that this release is not as user-friendly as 11.10. I'm not the only one having issues Shadow.

vVvSHADOWvVv
May 7th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Where do I find these "How-To's"?

Google my friend, Google..

"How to install themes Ubuntu 12.04!

ṤⱧǠᴆŐƜ
shadowsgovernment.com

bob-linux-user
May 7th, 2012, 11:17 PM
There is also gnome-tweak-tool for changing themes and other tweaks.

overdrank
May 7th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Some post have been removed. Please keep the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy) in mind when posting.
Form you first post it did not seem you were asking for help. Maybe search the forums. :)

clifford junior
May 7th, 2012, 11:32 PM
since they delete my post ill post the answer again.

you can use ubuntu tweak or myunity to change themes etc.

i recommend ubuntu tweak

overdrank
May 7th, 2012, 11:33 PM
since they delete my post ill post the answer again.

you can use ubuntu tweak or myunity to change themes etc.

i recommend ubuntu tweak

You post was not deleted, it was moved to jail due to insults.

ubuntu27
May 8th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Hi jmarkybb. I recommend you to install MyUnity (apt://myunity) which is in the repositories. That will allow you to modify your themes, icons, etc.

Another one you could use is Ubuntu Tweak (http://ubuntu-tweak.com/)