PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Which Ubuntu version has support for BCM4318 right out of the box

linuxmatt7
May 6th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I was going to install Ubuntu over Linux Mint hoping that Ubuntu will have support for a Wireless BCM4318 card right out of the box. Only question is that I do not know which versions have support for that card. Can someone tell me what Ubuntu version has support for that card. I really don't care on support.

darkod
May 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Have you tried the latest 12.04 LTS in live mode?

See if it works. I do recall some issues with 12.04 and bcm43 but lets see first if you have any errors or it works. That's the beauty of live mode, you can check it out without changing anything in your system first.

linuxmatt7
May 6th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I have tried Xubuntu 12.04 LTS. It did not work right out of the box, but it was real easy getting it up and running. All I had to do was use the Terminal to download and activate the drivers. So this thread is solved.

linuxmatt7
May 6th, 2012, 08:02 PM
I will now try to help as many other people with this same problem with the BCM43xx driver/software/firmware/activation. This way other people can get their Wireless enabled.

I have had way to much Ubuntu enough to make :popcorn: