PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Resuming from suspend: lockscreen password prompt box disapears

jonnyboysmithy
May 6th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Ocasionally when I turn my computer back on from suspend the password prompt box dissapears. Everytime this happens I haven't been able to get any debuging info because I restarted xserver (ctrl+alt+prtsc+k).
Closing the lid, and opening it does not remedy the problem.
Using ubuntu 12.04 with latest updates installed.
I want to report it as a bug but I don't think I have enough info.

markbl
May 6th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Are you using an nvidia card with the proprietary driver?

What you report is *one* of the problems I see with the nvidia driver.

jonnyboysmithy
May 6th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Are you using an nvidia card with the proprietary driver?

What you report is *one* of the problems I see with the nvidia driver.
No, I'm using intel i5 2410m with the integrated graphics. No proprietary drivers installed.

StApnea
May 6th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Are you using Xscreensaver?

If so, on my system, which uses far older Intel graphics, I sometimes have the same problem. Anyway, when that happens I just enter my password and press enter.

Have you tried that?

jonnyboysmithy
May 6th, 2012, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=StApnea;11912286]Are you using Xscreensaver?

If so, on my system, which uses far older Intel graphics, I sometimes have the same problem. Anyway, when that happens I just enter my password and press enter.

I have tried that. I'm not using xscreensaver (I don't think I am). I'm running stock ubuntu with unity.
And thats why I suspect that its a bug.

StApnea
May 6th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Ah, alas, I do not know then.

While I recognize that it isn't a solution, I do recommend installing Xscreensaver, there are a lot of cool looking screensavers in it.

jonnyboysmithy
May 7th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Ah, alas, I do not know then.

While I recognize that it isn't a solution, I do recommend installing Xscreensaver, there are a lot of cool looking screensavers in it.
Theres no screensavers by default correct?

StApnea
May 7th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Correct. A while ago there used to be a couple boring ones, but now I think it's just a blank screen. Staring at the digital rain from The Matrix or the Star Wars crawl is a lot more interesting. Also, it is possible for Xscreensaver to manage screensavers that don't come with it. I don't remember how, but I know I added a stand-alone screensaver to it a while ago.