PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 'Broken' window theme in cinnamon after 11.10-12.04 upgrade

nakedLefty
May 6th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Hi All,

After having upgraded from Ubuntu 11.10 64bit to 12.04 64bit, my window theme, in Cinnamon, is off or not displaying as intended. Alas before upgrading everything was just fine and dandy.

What ever theme I choose, followed by restarting the desktop, alt+f2 - r+enter, I get a black coloured title bar, with yellow dots/streaks running all along the edges.

I've tried removing and purgning all things cinnamon, and re-installing, but to no avail.

Any one have any ideas? or is the best solution to backup my stuff and do a clean install of 12.04? (I'm hoping very much so it can be fixed without re-installing)

See attached screenshots for issue...

-Also, as this is a repost, originally post in the Desktop Environment forum, but since I haven't had any responds at all there for 48+ hours, I hope this post will generate some helpful replies.

While I've been waiting for a reply, and looking for solutions, I've come to find that some applications, like Movie Player, and Shotwell don't seem to be affected.

Thank you all in advance,
nakedLefty