PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 12.04 kan ikke boot'e

sdp
May 6th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Jeg har en Medion Computer af ældre dato (ca. 5 år gammel), hvorpå jeg har installeret 12.04 (helt fra bunden, dvs. alt gammelt blev slettet -- incl. Windows Vista). Men desværre vil den ikke boot'e.

Under boot-processen når den frem til at vise et skærmbillede, hvor der står Ubuntu 12.04 samt de sædvanlige hvide/røde prikker nedenunder. Efter kort tid med dette skærmbillede, bliver skærmen blank i den sædvanlige mørk-lilla ubuntu-farve. Mere sker der ikke.

Maskinen har gennem tiderne kørt flere Ubuntu-versioner (senest 10.04). Den har også kørt Ubuntu 12.04 fra LiveCD'en uden problemer.

Hvad er gået galt? Hjælp søges!

Svend Daugaard Pedersen

sdp
May 6th, 2012, 08:22 AM
SORRY! I thought I was in the Danish forum. Her is the translation in English:

I have a an older Medion Computer (aprox. 5 years), where I have installed 12.04 (from scratch, i.e. everything has been removed -- including Windows Vista). Unfortunately it cannot boot.

During the boot process it shows a screen with the text Ubuntu 12.04 and the usual white/red spots below. After a few seconds the screen changes to a blank screen in the usual purple ubuntu color. Nothing more happens.

The computer has during its life run several Ubuntu vesions (latest 10.04). It has run Ubuntu 12.04 from the LiveDC without problems.

What is wrong. Help needed.

Svend Daugaard Pedersen

mips
May 6th, 2012, 11:06 AM
When you reboot press 'e' to edit the grub line and add nomodeset to your kernel options and see if it boots.

sdp
May 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I guess you mean the line starting with 'linux'. I added the option but no change.

Thank you for the answer.

Svend Daugard Pedersen

mips
May 6th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Add it at the end of the line after quiet splash nomodeset
or quiet splash text to see if it boots to terminal

sdp
May 6th, 2012, 01:51 PM
The end of the line starting with 'linux' is

... quiet splash $vt-handoff

I changed it to

... quiet splash text

and after a short time I could log into a shell.

What to do now?

Svend Daugaard Pedersen

mips
May 6th, 2012, 05:42 PM
What video card are you using?

sdp
May 6th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure about the gfx-card. I think it is NVIDIA (that is the name that appear, when I search for drivers).

Svend Daugaard Pedersen

mips
May 7th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Maybe have a look at this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743535

sdp
May 7th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Thank you for the link. It may be useful another time.

I have found a solution to my problem. In the start of the installation you can set a check mark for the following:

- Download updates while installing
- Install this third-party software

I tried to re-install without checking these option. And now Ubuntu boots.

I guess it is the Download-option that is the problem.

Svend Daugaard Pedersen