PDA

View Full Version : Advice regarding blog/online journal sites

oxf
May 6th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Hello all,

I've never done a blog type of site before so I'm new to all this. This is what I wnat to do.

I want to create a simple blog or online journal page that I can doccument some life changes that I'm going through.

I want this completely private so that only invited friends can view (and add comments)

I browswed some free blog sites and the problem I see is that I either have to make it public or if I want it private the viewers also have to be registered users themselves. I would like to be able to invite select people and add them to the permitted viewers list.
Is this even possible? I admit I might have missed something here but as I said I'm new to the blogging sphere.

Any advice or other sugestions would be wonderful. Thanks..

Vanessa

sffvba[e0rt
May 6th, 2012, 01:10 AM
From the top of my head I want to say that the easiest way to share something in this fashion and keep the tightest control over who has access would be something like Google Docs.

I suspect there will be others...

rk0r
May 6th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Google offer a blogger tool. I think on the settings you can invite or restrict. Its worth checking out if you have a gmail account.

oxf
May 6th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Google offer a blogger tool. I think on the settings you can invite or restrict. Its worth checking out if you have a gmail account.

I've just been looking at this and from what I can see any private viewers have to beregistered users themselves which most my friends might not want to do. However. I admit I might have missed something!.

@ not found:
Thanks.. I will invetsigate this option!

rk0r
May 6th, 2012, 01:42 AM
I've just been looking at this and from what I can see any private viewers have to beregistered users themselves which most my friends might not want to do. However. I admit I might have missed something!.

@ not found:
Thanks.. I will invetsigate this option!

Your could try tumblr.com also.

smellyman
May 6th, 2012, 01:51 AM
email? :)