PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installed Ubuntu 12.4 and now everything is messed up

houstonderek
May 6th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Ok, so I was asked by the download manager if I wanted to download the latest version. I did, and now I get no tool bar, no desktop icon sidebar and I had to create a folder on my desktop and use that to backdoor open Chrome to even get online to type this. Every time I restart trying to see if it will take care of itself, I get an error message saying nautilus isn't working (or something like that).

Basically, all I can do right now is right click on the screen and get to the settings menu. I can't even log on to Ubuntu One, as when it prompts me, the keyboard won't type into the log in window.

I am a total n00b when it comes to Linux, so I am at a complete loss as to what to do.

houstonderek
May 6th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Nevermind. I booted up in 2d mode and it's working fine now. Thanks for all the help.

zombifier25
May 6th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Don't know if you need this anymore, but when upgrading from one version to another the Compiz profile tends to get messed up on the way. If you want to use the 3D Unity, press Ctrl - Alt - T to open a terminal and type this:

unity --reset