PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] restart option missing from indicator-session

el_baby
May 5th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hi,

a few days ago I installed Precise on a new Dell Precision m4600 (it seems quite reasonable to put Precise on a Precision). I had a couple of problems I solved googling around (one of them beeing its inability to reboot, solved as explained here (http://askubuntu.com/questions/111807/dell-precision-m4600-stuck-at-last-stage-of-reboot).

However, at some point after installation but before solving the above problem, the Restart option disappeared from the indicator-session menu.

I installed dconf-editor and made sure that supress-restart-menuitem and supress-logout-restart-shutdown be off, however, the Restart option still doesn't appear ('sudo reboot' works fine within a terminal window, though).

Any ideas?

el_baby
May 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM
BUMP...
anyone?

kansasnoob
May 10th, 2012, 10:02 AM
So if you click on Shut Down as shown below you don't get the other window to open offering to either shut down or restart?

el_baby
May 10th, 2012, 12:50 PM
You're right. Thanx, kansasnoob.

However, I am most certain (though not 100% sure) there was a 'Restart' option there just after I installed it.

Regards.

kansasnoob
May 10th, 2012, 01:49 PM
You're right. Thanx, kansasnoob.

However, I am most certain (though not 100% sure) there was a 'Restart' option there just after I installed it.

Regards.

Actually the Gnome devs axed that, but the Ubuntu/Canonical devs added it back in the most sensible way :)

A lot of people have complained about that so it may change as we transition to using clutter/mutter :)