PDA

View Full Version : Is there a movie DRM Service...

Lucradia
May 5th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Not tied to a company like SONY or Wal-Mart? Because I want to OWN my movies digitally and play them through the DRM System (a la Steam style.)

P.S: Posts that recommend "Renting" Services like Netflix will be reported.

forrestcupp
May 5th, 2012, 08:40 PM
You can buy movies from Vudu (http://www.vudu.com/). They even came out with a service where you can pay them to rip your DVDs and Blu-Rays and store them on the cloud.

Just beware that Vudu or any other DRM service probably won't work with Linux. It does work with a lot of DVD players and game systems, though.

Lucradia
May 5th, 2012, 11:29 PM
You can buy movies from Vudu (http://www.vudu.com/). They even came out with a service where you can pay them to rip your DVDs and Blu-Rays and store them on the cloud.

Just beware that Vudu or any other DRM service probably won't work with Linux. It does work with a lot of DVD players and game systems, though.

Does the rip service work with collections such as Back to the Future?

Also, I just checked on my PS3, they don't have much in terms of Anime shows =/

Do SD movies / shows fit to wide-screen monitors like a DVD Player?

It's too bad they don't have the first harry potter movie. I'll just have t obuy ones I want, then wait I guess.

forrestcupp
May 6th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Does the rip service work with collections such as Back to the Future?Yeah, they'll rip anything as far as I know. You'd probably have to pay separately for each DVD, though.

Do SD movies / shows fit to wide-screen monitors like a DVD Player?
I've watched SD movies on there on my widescreen and I think most of them are going to be in widescreen format, anyway.

Lucradia
May 6th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Yeah, they'll rip anything as far as I know. You'd probably have to pay separately for each DVD, though.

Can't the collection only has one barcode.

forrestcupp
May 6th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Can't the collection only has one barcode.

Try it out and let me know. :)