PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation of Ubuntu 12.04 crashes

MegaMike2021
May 5th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I am trying to install Ubuntu 12.04 on a clean hard drive (no windows system or any other files). I downloaded the image file from the web site and burned it to a DVD using the Image burner that comes with Windows 7. I then replaced the windows drive with the empty drive, inserted the just burned DVD into the player and booted the system. Everything seemed to be going fine, but then suddenly I got a message saying something was wrong and the installed crashed.

The next day I tried age, but this time burned this image using IMG Burn at the slowest possible speed. However, once again, the installation resulted in failure.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

rigel4
May 5th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I think I would try the dvd on another computer!
It could be bad dvd's.

If not then time to look for a physical/setup solution.

You say you have plugged in a another hard drive, does you
BIOS see the drive?

MegaMike2021
May 6th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I have re-downloaded the image file, but this time I used the 64 bit verson. I also used a trick that I learned when installing a Windows 7 and disconnected all USB devices from the computer. Don't know if that helped or not, but the 64 bit version has installed fine.

But now I'm getting another error message. This started after I plugged the USB printer and USB hub back in. It wants to send an error log to the developers, but then I get a reply that the error log has problems and can't be sent. Don't know if it's necessary, but I haven't installed drivers for these devices yet. So I don't know if it's the USB devices that are causing the problem or something else is going on.