PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite Superhero?

kdane4
May 5th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I just love the avengers movie that I can't help posting this..
BTW, its not limited to MARVEL COMICS superheroes, you can choose DC like superman, batman ,etc or others like Star Wars characters. You get the point.. :)

I'll go with Iron Man and Thor. They're just so cool...

:popcorn:

billyseth
May 5th, 2012, 03:28 PM
I'll stick with a classic, Batman!

orange2k
May 5th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Hancock...

rigel4
May 5th, 2012, 03:43 PM
See my Avatar

Lol

kdane4
May 5th, 2012, 03:46 PM
See my Avatar

Lol

:lolflag:

Simian Man
May 5th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Even when I was a kid, super heroes seemed really silly to me. But Dark Knight was an awesome movie. I liked it in spite of the fact that main character was playing dress up the whole time.

mmx123
May 5th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Spiderman, who is my first hero
:guitar:

shad0w_walker
May 5th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Ironman. Tony Stark is pretty much what I would be if I were a billionaire genius playboy philanthropist. Plus the perk of being pretty believable with going off the deep-end and getting boozed up and what not.

chamber
May 5th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Spiderman and the flash.

forrestcupp
May 5th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I'll stick with a classic, Batman!

Batman is not a superhero. He's just a regular hero with lots of cool gadgets. :)

Tibuda
May 5th, 2012, 07:04 PM
El Chapulin Colorado

PeterBrinck
May 5th, 2012, 07:14 PM
My favorite hero is Chikara, from KISS4K :guitar:

Peripheral Visionary
May 5th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Batman is not a superhero. He's just a regular hero with lots of cool gadgets. :)

"A spy is only as good as his gadgets!" -from the Spy Kids movie.

Actually the heros in that movie proved the statement wrong, but Batman and Robin have the coolest gadgets except for Inspector Gadget, of course.

PeterBrinck
May 5th, 2012, 07:21 PM
"A spy is only as good as his gadgets!" -from the Spy Kids movie.

Actually the heros in that movie proved the statement wrong, but Batman and Robin have the coolest gadgets except for Inspector Gadget, of course.

Indeed!! So true :P

ubuntu27
May 5th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Son Goku from Dragon Ball

JDShu
May 5th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Donatello (the turtle, not the rennaisance artist)

ubuntu27
May 5th, 2012, 08:55 PM
El Chapulin Colorado

:popcorn: Chapulin Colorado! What a character. He was a great clumsy, hilarious superhero..

I want to get video of his show.. but it is hard to come by. And from what I read on the review at amazon.com, the DVDs are not in order, and they cut the clip. :(

sffvba[e0rt
May 5th, 2012, 09:40 PM

Super powers does not a super hero make :guitar: :P

There are so many... I don't have only one fave :D

Dry Lips
May 5th, 2012, 10:14 PM
See my Avatar

Lol

Tux?

Rodney9
May 5th, 2012, 11:01 PM
The Phantom - "The Ghost Who Walks"

MisterGaribaldi
May 6th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Space Ghost! Oh, and of course Spider-Man.

Then again, I also liked Fantastic Four.

Bandit
May 6th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Hancock! LOL Now I want to watch this again...

I would have to say Ironman (Tony Stark), if I had that kind of money I would be able to make kewl stuff like he has. Plus I like to drink, be a complete smart____ and date hot chicks.. Dont tell my wife :D

wolfen69
May 6th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Superman by far. There's a reason he's called SUPERman. If superheroes were real, he would kick butt and take names. Name another super hero with as many powers as him. You can't. And the only reason he has "limits" is because someone always seems to comes up with a piece of kryptonite even though his original planet was light years away.

Bandit
May 6th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Superman by far. There's a reason he's called SUPERman. If superheroes were real, he would kick butt and take names. Name another super hero with as many powers as him. And the only reason he has "limits" is because some always seems to comes up with a piece of kryptonite.

One thing about the man of steel that makes him the most unique of all the "super hero's" is that he is a super hero, not by chance, not made, not assisted by gadgets or gear. He is and was born the way he is. He is the purest real deal there ever was. Most super heros play super by night, he is the only one that trys to plays a normal person.

wolfen69
May 6th, 2012, 05:23 AM
One thing about the man of steel that makes him the most unique of all the "super hero's" is that he is a super hero, not by chance, not made, not assisted by gadgets or gear. He is and was born the way he is. He is the purest real deal there ever was. Most super heros play super by night, he is the only one that trys to plays a normal person.
Of course. I've been a fan for most of my life. But I go WAY back. Not so much any more. But when you think about it, how can anyone beat superman without kryptonite? You can't. Magic? The man of steel is an understatement.

RomeReactor
May 6th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Superman by far. There's a reason he's called SUPERman. If superheroes were real, he would kick butt and take names. Name another super hero with as many powers as him. You can't. And the only reason he has "limits" is because someone always seems to comes up with a piece of kryptonite even though his original planet was light years away.

All true. That said, my personal favorite would be the big red cheese himself, Captain Marvel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQH-_23nWQg) (not to be confused with Marvel's own Captain Marvel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Marvel_%28Mar-Vell%29)).

But when you think about it, how can anyone beat superman without kryptonite?... Magic?

Actually, yes. One of his vulnerabilities is magic.

kdane4
May 6th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Im not 100% sure but I think Superman is only strong if the sun is color yellow..

Tibuda
May 6th, 2012, 01:17 PM

That is the exact reason I don't like him. A true hero is someone who endures to surpass his own limits, not someone with no limits.

georgelappies
May 6th, 2012, 01:40 PM
The Hulk

stalkingwolf
May 6th, 2012, 04:34 PM
A true hero is someone who endures to surpass his own limits, not someone with no limits

I agree like this for example,
20 yrs In the Marine Corps 1938-58
Lived thru 3 wars:
WWII the south Pacific
Korea
Vietnam
survived 2 airplane crashes, fell of a mountain , and at 92 plays golf 3 times a week.

Thats My Hero. My Dad.

Prescilla
May 6th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I gotta say I loved "Kick-***" from the movie of the same name.
---
Didn't know "***" would be encrypted...:lolflag:

wolfen69
May 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM
That is the exact reason I don't like him. A true hero is someone who endures to surpass his own limits, not someone with no limits.
Your opinion. If a person with no limits does good towards mankind, what's the problem? You make it sound like it's inherently a bad thing.

samkostka
May 6th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I have a few. There's Iron Man, who is my favorite from America, but in Japan I like Goku.

Also, he's not a hero, but he does kick a**, Sebastian from Black Butler. Look it up on hulu, it's free.

Tibuda
May 6th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Your opinion. If a person with no limits does good towards mankind, what's the problem? You make it sound like it's inherently a bad thing.
I have not said it is bad or that it is a problem. If Superman does good for mankind in his own limits, he is just doing good. If an anonymous man endures to surpass his limits to feed his children, then that's heroic.

neu5eeCh
May 6th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Spiderman. Love his self-deprecating sense of humor.

Batman is my next favorite because he's not troubled by killing villains when necessary.

Have to say though, I'm looking forward to the Spiderman remake with a woman -- and not wearing that third rate, gawd-awful yellow and red costume they always put her in.

This (http://spidey0318.deviantart.com/art/spider-woman-colored-103984874) is what I have in mind.

Then again, another gal has taken matters into her own hands (http://mensfame.com/2011/09/27/spider-woman/). :popcorn:

forrestcupp
May 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Super powers does not a super hero make :guitar: :P

I disagree. There's nothing wrong with a regular hero, but it takes super powers to be a super hero. I don't even think that real super heroes are better than regular heroes like Batman. Batman doesn't have super powers, but he overcomes that obstacle and still saves the day, nevertheless. But he's still not a super hero because he doesn't have super powers.

qamelian
May 6th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Of course. I've been a fan for most of my life. But I go WAY back. Not so much any more. But when you think about it, how can anyone beat superman without kryptonite? You can't. Magic? The man of steel is an understatement.
Oh, I don't know. Batman managed to kill him in "The Dark Knight Returns" without resorting to either kryptonite or magic. Sometimes you just need to get creative! :)

sffvba[e0rt
May 6th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Superman isn't a super hero, he is an alien.

:p

forrestcupp
May 6th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Superman isn't a super hero, he is an alien.

:p

He's a super hero on the earth, but not on Krypton. :)

KiwiNZ
May 6th, 2012, 08:28 PM
My Neurologist

Peripheral Visionary
May 6th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Anyone with limitless powers who uses them for the good of an intelligent but inferior race of beings is a hero.

An omnipotent being who just plays with intelligent species - like Star Trek TNG's Q character, is no hero even when he does something nice once in awhile. Q is a nuisance.

ammofreak
May 6th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Hi ):P
The Marval character, Norrin Radd, created by Jack Kirby (March 1966). He is known as the Silver Surfer.:lolflag:

neu5eeCh
May 6th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Oh, I don't know. Batman managed to kill him in "The Dark Knight Returns" without resorting to either kryptonite or magic. Sometimes you just need to get creative! :)

Actually, Batman could have but didn't. He staged his own death in order to take the heat off himself. Superman was killing and maiming all the other superheroes, one by one. Also, he *did* use kryptonite. He created a kryptonite arrow that he gave to Green Lantern. The arrow is what allowed Batman to *almost* kill Superman.

forrestcupp
May 6th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Who here remembers Ralph Hinkley?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HcKBMQJeknI/S7usmnw11OI/AAAAAAAAALI/el8jj4CJJzc/s1600/GAH.jpg

qamelian
May 7th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Actually, Batman could have but didn't. He staged his own death in order to take the heat off himself. Superman was killing and maiming all the other superheroes, one by one. Also, he *did* use kryptonite. He created a kryptonite arrow that he gave to Green Lantern. The arrow is what allowed Batman to *almost* kill Superman.
I must be thinking of a different graphic novel then, because I remember Bats causing the equivalent of a "nuclear winter", blotting out the sun's rays and cutting off the source of Superman's powers, resulting in the aging Man of Steel rapidly decomposing into the Man of Bones.

fontis
May 7th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Iron Man because he's OP.

BrokenKingpin
May 7th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Batman.

Primefalcon
May 8th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Super hero? I guess you could say Joe Devers Lone Wolf

samalex
May 8th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Ya now what? I've always been a DC fanatic loving the Justice League with Superman, Batman, etc... but lately my kids have started watching the old Iron Man and Thor cartoons and after seeing The Avengers this weekend I have to say I'm really starting to move Marvel to the top of my list.

iMurshaq
May 9th, 2012, 01:58 AM
HawkEye just because he is a BAWS!