PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Asus Eee PC netbook - blank screen after upgrade to 12.04

samfraser
May 4th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Hi all.

I've just upgraded to 12 from 11 an I now gnome doesn't seem to load. What I get is a kind of X term with a black background with my desktop files showing up at white squares. My mouse can move around ok, but I can't really do anything else.

I've tried following a few of the suggestions in other similar posts i.e. change grub boot command etc. but still no joy.

Anyone got a solution to this?

Replys much appreciated.

agnisflugen
May 16th, 2012, 12:34 PM
oh no! were you ever able to resolve the problem? i'm currently using a netbook Asus Eee PC 1215T with OS: ubuntu desktop version 10.10 and was thinking about installing the update but was scared something might go wrong, and then i saw this thread and my fears were realized. i guess i'll just stick to what i've got since it's working okay...this is my only working computer right now. and if i jacked it all up trying to install an update i would be very sad indeed....i hope you were able to find a solution!!

netbook: Asus Eee PC 1215T
OS: ubuntu desktop version 10.10 and scared to upgrade to anything else.

giurra
May 30th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Same here. I have a 1005PX and it just won't start up after the update. Just a black screen, with the power and wifi lights glowing. Can't even reinstall via the usb (like I did the last time it got messed up after the update) since it isn't responding to anything...