PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Partial Upgrade

angus1964
May 3rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
During upgrade from 11.10 to 12.04 my computer crashed. upon restart it now boots into 12.04 but regularly comes up with internal errors. When i run update manager it says their are updates to install but when i click to install a box appears telling me i cant upgrade from oneric to pangolin using this tool. How do i complete the installation?

plucky
May 3rd, 2012, 10:40 AM
During upgrade from 11.10 to 12.04 my computer crashed. upon restart it now boots into 12.04 but regularly comes up with internal errors. When i run update manager it says their are updates to install but when i click to install a box appears telling me i cant upgrade from oneric to pangolin using this tool. How do i complete the installation?

Try from a terminal
sudo dpkg --configure -a and see if the release upgrade starts again.

Good luck

Balajoe
May 3rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Try from a terminal
sudo dpkg --configure -a and see if the release upgrade starts again.

Good luck

I am having the same problem and I tried to run "sudo dpkg --configure -a" but the recurring problem I am getting is a broken postgresql 8.2 package (see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1971888). It is also giving me option to partial upgrade but when I tried to run the update, I am getting same errors and the update manager exits without any updates

Any way to resolve the postgresql issue which I think not allowing me to fully upgrade to 12.04?

angus1964
May 3rd, 2012, 08:56 PM
I tried that code from a terminal but after putting in my password it went back to a prompt and nothing happened.

plucky
May 3rd, 2012, 10:20 PM
I tried that code from a terminal but after putting in my password it went back to a prompt and nothing happened.

That means it didn't find anything to do.

What happens if you run
update-manager -d from a terminal?

Does it offer you the Release upgrade?

angus1964
May 4th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I putin.

update-manager -d

Exactly the same as my original post happened.

plucky
May 4th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I putin.

update-manager -d

Exactly the same as my original post happened.

I would seriously consider doing a clean install of 12.04 instead of trying to fix this install.Would save a lot of time.

Good Luck