PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] can't autostart guake

Mr.Pytagoras
May 2nd, 2012, 11:03 PM
Hello

I have very strange problem, I want to use guake and want it to be started automaticaly when gnome starts however it just won't start.

I have tried to mark the start with login shell in guake preferences, didn't work
Created autostart file in ~/.config/autostart, also didn't work

The weirdest part is that my others application gnote starts normally and also I have a script that is launched properly, the only problem is with guake.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Using Ubuntu 12.04, Gnome Shell

dmdelorme
May 2nd, 2012, 11:11 PM
i just added to the start up applications far right icon on top of screen where you find system settings, update etc. click add then i believe it is in /usr/bin/

Easy Smaesy...

vutborg
May 3rd, 2012, 08:26 AM
I have the same problem with guake, which is added to startup applications. My other startup applications start just fine, when gnome starts.
I have a script placed in /usr/bin/ called guake, which does:

#!/bin/bash

GUAKEPATH="/usr/lib/guake"
PYTHONPATH="${PYTHONPATH:+$PYTHONPATH:}$GUAKEPATH"
PYTHON="/usr/bin/python"

exec -a guake $PYTHON -OO $GUAKEPATH/guake.py "$@"

any ideas?

Mr.Pytagoras
May 3rd, 2012, 10:17 AM
I have also managed to work around this with a little script

#! /bin/sh

sleep 15
echo guake started: $(date) >> guake.log
guake

exit 0

I realize that if my other apps stars normally then it has to be something with depencies, also when i was running KDE the guake didn't start at boot I figured that it was because notification-daemon, so my guess here is that when guake is running at autostart the notification isn't running. After putting that sleep in that script and setting the autostart entry to exec my script it works fine.

Wrigley
September 10th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Also, as an alternative to sleeping, you could also disable the "Enable popup notifications on startup" checkbox in the Guake Preferences. I just did that, and now it starts swimmingly! :)

/wrigley