PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issue updating Remmina

priteshj
May 2nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Hello,

I have Ubuntu 11.10 installed on a Lenovo laptop. I have been using Remmina for sometime now and recently rebuilt the laptop. When I installed Remmina again it installed v0.9.99.1. However, I had issues with screen sizes and the missing tool bar in full screen etc. I then checked for updates and found some updates that were available.

However, Update manager does not allow me to install the updates. If I update from the GUI I get an error message:

Requires installation of untrusted packages

The action would require the installation of packages from not authenticated sources.
Details:
libfreerdp-plugins-standard libfreerdp1 remmina remmina-common remmina-plugin-data remmina-plugin-rdp remmina-plugin-vnc

If I try and run a 'sudo apt-get upgrade' from the command line then I get:

The following packages have been kept back:
libfreerdp-plugins-standard remmina remmina-plugin-data remmina-plugin-rdp remmina-plugin-vnc
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.

I have googled and tried to resolve the 'packages from not authenticated sources' issue with no luck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solving this. I depend on Remmina for my day to day development work and need to get this issue resolved.

Thank you

Regards
Pritesh