PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 12.04 install fail - low graphics mode

Mr.Pytagoras
May 2nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
Hello

I downloaded the ubuntu 12.04 and made bootable USB from it. Everything seems to be working from the start until the installer should ask you whether you want to try or install ubuntu (it doesn't get there). Then the installer shows an unsolvable error and said that I can try again install after that it shows another error saying that the installer is running in low graphics mode, no matter what I do there the installer just doesn't react, even switching to console don't work, it just give me black screen and all you can do is type on it but not run any command.

Does anybody have this or similar problem?

If so how to solve it?

Mr.Pytagoras
May 2nd, 2012, 01:25 PM
tested Xubuntu and Kubuntu both hangs at splash screen

jadtech
May 2nd, 2012, 01:40 PM
tested Xubuntu and Kubuntu both hangs at splash screen

this might help use f6 try nomodeset see if this helps

Mr.Pytagoras
May 2nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
just tried, the nomodeset doesn't work either, it just hangs at boot

jadtech
May 2nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
just tried, the nomodeset doesn't work either, it just hangs at boot

do you get to a point where you are able to get internet connection or it tells you there are additional drivers will it boot if you click to try ubuntu

beyond this have to give more info about the computer video card, processor, and such is the computer 32 or 64 bit did you down load the right ISO is your Hard drive set up for raid if so you need alternate ISO ..

Mr.Pytagoras
May 2nd, 2012, 02:03 PM
well I don't even get to try ubuntu, nor to configure network.

I have Acer Aspire 5750G with Nvidia/Intel card however the Nvidia card is disabled in bios, so it's just intel, processor intel i5 2410M, hdd is not in raid.

Installation of Kubuntu 12.04 beta 1 worked fine (currently using).

Mr.Pytagoras
May 2nd, 2012, 10:57 PM
hi

I have managed to install ubuntu with the alternate install iso, so the problem is solved.