PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Upgrading failure

Carllacan
May 2nd, 2012, 12:05 AM
Hi there

I'm having huge problems with Pangolin upgrade.

A window popped up, as usual when there's a new version available, and I accepted the instalation. It started downloading all the packages and, at one point, it stopped, right at the starting of the installation part. I that gave me a few problems: console window wouldn't start, nor I could shut down from the task bar button, as it didn't worked (also, youtube stopped working).

So I just pressed Ctrl+Alt+F1 and shut down from there. I restarted, the grub looked just fine. But the, I started ocelot and got a flashing screen (that is: screen on - screen off - screen on - screen off...) and found unable to boot ANYTHING, as Narval wouldn't load neither, not even in safe mode.

So now I'm running a Ubuntu 9.04 live cd (from which I'm not able to create a net my other computer to back up files nor connect to internet) and I'm very very frustrated.

żAny help?

Thanks everyone!

jerrrys
May 2nd, 2012, 01:49 AM
You can use your Live CD to access your files and transfer them somewhere.

http://www.googlubuntu.com/results/?cx=006238239194895611142:u-ocqbntw_o&q=recover+files+with+live+cd&sa=Search&cof=FORID:9

Carllacan
May 2nd, 2012, 11:31 AM
That's actually what I'm doing, but I still not able to load any system.

Carllacan
May 6th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Well, I ended reinstalling eveything from scratch (backup first) and it works fine. Pangolin looks good, by the way :-)