PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Upgraded to 12.04, Software Sources still shows oneiric repositories and not Precise

ravisghosh
May 1st, 2012, 08:13 PM
I upgraded ubuntu to 12.04 and ended up with a blank screen of death. Finally, figured out that xorg was not installed and that to install xorg, I have to downgrade xserver-xorg-core. I did that and I am able to log in, however, I don't see any change. The login screen shows 11.10.

On looking into Software Sources, I find the repositories point to Oneiric and not to Precise. However, "lsb_release -a" tells me it is Precise.

Can someone guide as to how to get the Precise repositories and get it properly upgraded.

plucky
May 2nd, 2012, 12:22 AM
I upgraded ubuntu to 12.04 and ended up with a blank screen of death. Finally, figured out that xorg was not installed and that to install xorg, I have to downgrade xserver-xorg-core. I did that and I am able to log in, however, I don't see any change. The login screen shows 11.10.

On looking into Software Sources, I find the repositories point to Oneiric and not to Precise. However, "lsb_release -a" tells me it is Precise.

Can someone guide as to how to get the Precise repositories and get it properly upgraded.

From a terminal
sudo sed -i 's/oneiric/precise/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

But I am surprised it managed to do the release upgrade as one of the first things it does is change the sources.list to point to the new repositories.

Good Luck

ravisghosh
May 2nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
From a terminal
sudo sed -i 's/oneiric/precise/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

But I am surprised it managed to do the release upgrade as one of the first things it does is change the sources.list to point to the new repositories.

Good Luck

Thanks a lot. It worked.