PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Volume control does not work in kubuntu 12.04

Pally1
May 1st, 2012, 07:46 PM
Sound works fine, but volume control on the keyboard, and volume control in the taskbar lower right have no effect.

Is there any way i can fix this?

Pally1
May 2nd, 2012, 07:25 PM
bump

Does anyone have any solutions?

MrsUser
May 2nd, 2012, 08:54 PM
Is it a fresh install? I'm a newbie myself and I tried Kubuntu before. One of the things I did at the start was that I mixed up the WiFi icon with the volume control icon. Maybe this is the case here as well?

As for the keyboard, I don't know. It depends on the hardware, I guess. But maybe some experienced user is out there to assist you in that.

Pally1
May 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Yap, fresh install, works with gnome, than formatted and reinstalled with kde and volume control does not work.

PaulW2U
May 2nd, 2012, 09:08 PM
Have you looked in System Settings | Input devices | Keyboard | Keyboard model?

What do you currently have selected? There's a lot of keyboard models that have "multimedia" in their name. Maybe one of those will work if you can't find an exact match.

Pally1
May 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
what im trying to say is that system does react to volume control buttons, i get the animation and everything, but while animation is moving, sound volume has no effected. Same thing when i try to change volume with volume control in the bottom right corner where you have that speaker icon that pops out the slider. I move the volume up and down but it has no effect.

samigina
May 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Sounds like you have Kmix using the wrong output, in my setup, Kmix put the HDMI output like default (It should be the Analog one), so I was getting a similar issue.

Right click on the volume icon, then, Select Master Chanels and choose the right one.

Pally1
May 3rd, 2012, 07:26 PM
Sounds like you have Kmix using the wrong output, in my setup, Kmix put the HDMI output like default (It should be the Analog one), so I was getting a similar issue.

Right click on the volume icon, then, Select Master Chanels and choose the right one.

Thanks a lot m8! spent so much time on this and solution was just that simple :D

samigina
May 3rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
Great!

Dont forget to mark the post "Solved"

Duplin
August 18th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Had the same problem, worked for me as well. Thank you.

hydrospheric
September 15th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Had the same problem under Ubuntu 12.04 gnome - so not kmix.

Applications > System Tools > System Settings > Sound

Under the hardware tab select profile at the bottom and select Digital Stereo

sleepee
September 17th, 2012, 05:34 AM
thanks a lot! i had the same problem under the cinnamon DE and this solution worked for me too!

rybnik
September 17th, 2012, 12:54 PM
btw, another fix is to install Pulseaudio Volume Control, which is greatly adjustable.

Pankke
December 30th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the help guys